This costume was all around challenging but I was very happy that I decided to take it on. It is based on a figure of Chun Li done by MERSA that you can check out here
The dress is based off of a New Look pattern and is made out of white stretch sateen - it is lined and faced. I trimmed all the edges with black bias tape, and also used it to add the design to the front of the dress. The sash is made out of crepe back satin and is held in place with snaps and velcro. I also used velcro up the side of the dress to close it and also on the front flap. Having it velcro instead of zip made it possible for me to lay the dress flat while I painted it. The design was transfered on with tracing paper and the entire thing is hand painted. Then after a few coats of paint I traced the edges with a fine tip black pen. The boots and earrings were purchased off of eBay and I made the hair buns and bracelets.
for the photo